Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Saw Jesus on Earth



 You fought a good fight and you ran the race well. You showed strength in meekness, and grace in power. You stood your ground against every trial without ever compromising your integrity. You showed that there can be joy despite sorrow. For every tear that fell from your eyes, you raised your hands to praise your God. You showed that one can have perfect peace in the midst of chaos. You showed compassion, kindness, and goodness not just to people who were good to you, but also to those who were rude to you. You demonstrated how one should be patient when times for you were tough. And when God's promises were taking too long to fulfill, you still trusted in the Lord. You forgave even when the people who have wronged and hurt you had not asked for your forgiveness. You loved genuinely even when others were putting knives at your back. Your smile exudes from inside out. That's how genuine of a person you were. And at times when everything for you was so overwhelming, you never gave up. You persevered. You kept going. Since what kept you going was the hope you had in the Lord. You were a soldier. A tough one. Always ready to fight. Engaging in long battles. Never backing down.

I was watching you while I was growing. You were the closest person I ever had in my life. And your life created a great impact on me. I thank God for giving me a blessing and an opportunity by having a wonderful person in my life. As I look back seven years ago, I can say that you lived a full life under God's sustaining grace and divine power.

Well yeah. I saw Jesus on earth. I saw Jesus in you. "More of Christ Jesus and less of me," was what you always said. And sure thing, you walked your talk. You left me a precious legacy. Your life was a witness for Christ not only to me but also to people who you have touched.
Indeed, your name "Eudoxia" speaks of yourself. "Eu" in Greek means "good" and "Doxa" means "fame, glory." You demonstrated Jesus' good glory in your life.

Mama, it's been seven years. Seven years of death here on earth, but seven years of your birth in heaven. Time indeed flies so fast. I am happy for you that you are now enjoying your harvest in heaven. Love you so much! And I know we'll see each other at the Grand Reunion.

1 comment:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete